Where do I find the "Create Database" options?

Oct 4 at 12:23 AM
I'm working on modifying someone else's process and apparently they set this up somewhere along the way to re-create the database each time the process runs. That's resulting in the DB being dropped and created with file growths set to 1MB for data and 10% for logs, even though the model database is set to grow at 100MB and 50MB respectively. This default results in a LOT of file growth waits, but I can't see anyplace to change those options. Can someone give me a hint where to look for those options? Currently running v4.14. I know that's not the latest, but it's been working for the most part.
Coordinator
Oct 7 at 3:36 AM
Hi,

Sorry, but these options don't exist in SQLAzureMW and as far I know, you can't set the database growth size in SQL Azure. But that said, if you are running against a SQL Server database, then you can put the setup a SQLCommand to alter the database after SQLAzureMW has done its job.

USE [master]
GO
ALTER DATABASE [Dev] MODIFY FILE ( NAME = N'Dev', FILEGROWTH = 102400KB ) -- 100 MB
GO

You can also have a script that drops / creates your SQL Server database with the settings that you want, then just have SQLAzureMW use that database and migrate the schema and data.

Hope this helps,
George
Oct 19 at 12:43 AM
That doesn't help as much because when we're loading a DB that was just created with the default auto-growth of 1MB for data and 10% for logs, the waits go crazy as the DB grows in 1MB increments. I was hoping there'd be an override somewhere for creating the DB or perhaps to use the options of the "model" database instead of the hard-coded options. I worked around it for now by changing the Drop/Create DB into just deleting and re-creating the tables, leaving the DB alone.