I ran the Wizard but there wasn't any data included...

Jul 23, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I ran the Wizard but there wasn't any data included...

I didn't see any options for scripting "Schema, Schema & Data, Data"... Or anything that would let me choose what to script in the Migration utility.

Am I missing something, or do I need an SSIS package to include the records in my DB?

Thanks! Rob

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Hi Rob,

In the downloads section of this site you will see "SQLAzureMW documentation".  download that document and go to page 13.  It shows you the "Advanced" button where you can select Schema, Schema & Data or Data.  One of the things that SQLAzureMW does is check to see if there is any data to export in the source database.  If it sees row count as 0, it does not even try to export data.  If it does see data, then it uses BCP to unload the data.  Note that you need to have the correct version of BCP installed on your machine (and make sure that your PATH is set to this version).  If BCP gives any errors, then the errors should be displayed in the status window.  You do not need SSIS on your machine.  SQLAzureMW requires SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 or later on the same machine as you are running it on.  If you want, contact me via codeplex and we can get you up and running offline.

Regards,

George