Why was the source code removed from the repository?

Sep 20, 2011 at 6:39 PM
Edited Sep 20, 2011 at 6:40 PM

I went to check out the source to work on some modifications and as of this morning the source code is not there.  What is going on?

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Hi,

I have not used the "Source Code" part of CodePlex in long time. I did a major restructure a year or so ago and since I am a team of one, I never went through the effort of putting it back. If people want to play with the source code, they can pull it from the Downloads (http://sqlazuremw.codeplex.com/releases/view/32334) section (just look for "SQLAzureMigration vX.X.X Source"). Now that said, I am in the process of making changes to handle SQL Azure Federation. If you want to work with me on v3.7.8, let me know offline and I will share the latest code with you.

Hope this helps,
George

Oct 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Actually, the problem is you haven't posted the updated source for the Backup tool (i.e. not the upload) update you released Sept. 20.  The latest source release is from Aug. 19.  If you could release a source package for that, it would be helpful.  We have been interested in doing some optimization for automation, etc. that we've needed the source for.  My original post was from before I realized just what my co-workers were pointing out re: availability of source for this specific release.

The tool is much appreciated considering the lack of support from Microsoft proper.

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Just as an FYI for everybody, the source code is now tied back into CodePlex.