Error when using SQLAzureMWBatchBackup

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:46 AM
Edited Aug 15, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Hello,

I am trying to use SQLAzureMWBatchBackup command line to backup my Azure SQL database. When I run it it says "unknown property IsSystemObject" and then closes. In the folder that I specified in the config file there are present the .dat files for the tables but the .sql file is empty. Did anyone else have this problem?

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Hi,

I found the problem and fixed it.  Check out SQLAzureMWBatchBackup v1.2.3 and see if that does works for you.  If not, let me know.

Thanks for your time,

George

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Hello,

I don't get that error anymore, but it doesn't copy all the tables. It reaches a table with a lot of records, copies those records and then it stops.

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Hi,

I was not so lucky this time in finding the problem.  I took one database that I have that has over 1,000 tables with 10 to 20,000 records per table and then I tested on another database that has 5 tables with around 60,000 records and 3 tables around 600,000 records.

In the directory that you did the backup in, you should see a results.txt.  Look at the bottom of the text file and see if you see an error message.  If you want, we can take this offline.  Just contact me via codeplex.

Thanks,

George 

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately I have 2 big tables...one with over 600 000 records and the other one with more than 11 000 000 records. The first one gets copied, but the other one doesn't..

Coordinator
Aug 20, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Hi,

I think I found the problem when debugging another issue.  Basically, I query SQL Azure to find out the number of rows in a table.  If the query timed out or connection was broken for any reason, then the app threw an error and stopped.  So, I put in retry logic and if after failing many times, then it will report the error and move on to the next table.  Anyway, I think this was the problem that you ran into.

Thanks for your time and help!

George