Unable to use Azure Storage using Azure Compute

Jul 11, 2011 at 4:15 AM

Hello all,

I am new to Azure and I am trying out my first website on Azure. I have successfully migrated a TEST website to Azure on my local computer with the help of few MSDN documents and forums.

The website was tested on the cloud environment with the help of Emulator. I have also published the TEST Azure project and generated the two files, TEST.cspkg and ServiceConfiguration.cscfg.

I then created an account on Windows Azure and uploaded these two files to the compute environment. For migrating the database tables and data from the developement computer, I used the SQL Azure Migration Wizard. I was successful in creating TSQL file for the required tables and also migrate the respective data using bcp to the tables in the Azure database also.

The problem that I have facing now is, the TEST website is unable to access the data in Azure database. However on my development computer, on the emulator, the website runs well (compute emulator and storage emulator is started and the website functions properly with proper database access when required). Can I please know the CHANGES or ADDITIONS required for the website to access the Azure database. I also want to know if connection strings are required exclusively for the same. If YES, how and where do I do it using VB.

Thank you very much in advance :)

Sandeep

Coordinator
Jul 11, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Edited Jul 11, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Hi Sandeep,

The first thing that comes to mine is the firewall rules.  Under the SQL Azure web site, look at your firewall rules and make sure that  you have MicrosoftServices (0.0.0.0) enabled.  This lets Windows Azure talk to SQL Azure.

Regards,
George

Jul 12, 2011 at 3:11 AM
Hey Ghuey,

Thanks for your reply, but that did not help. I have turned the Microsoft Services enabled and yet no change.
I want to know if there is anything I should do with the the connection string.
BTW I get this error:
Could not find file 'E:sitesroot�App_DataDBDETAILS.FIL'.
I have the ServerName, databaseName, UserID and Password in that file. On local system it works.
I have tried changing this for appropriate Azure details but no change.

Regards
Sandeep

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 07:47:02 -0700
Subject: Re: Unable to use Azure Storage using Azure Compute [sqlazuremw:264616]

Hi Sandeep,
The first thing that comes to mine is the firewall rules. Undere the SQL Azure web site, look at your firewall rules and make sure that you have MicrosoftServices (0.0.0.0) enabled. This lets Windows Azure talk to SQL Azure.
Regards,
George
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sqlazuremw@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email sqlazuremw@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com