Can't do the "run script" part due to login error

Dec 3, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Great tool and I used it before with success.

But something must have changed with version 3.4.  I want to migrate from local SQL to SQLAzure and everything works until the part where I need to "execute script against target".  Then I get a login error because it tries to login to SQLAzure using my local credentials.  The error is something like "Unable to connect to SQLAzure, using <domain>\<username>.  Point is, that i don't want it to connect using <domain>\<username>  (integrated security) but instead use the Azure-specific username/password.

It does use the specific credentials to query SQL azure for the list of databases but when you select one and press <next> and accept the "Do you want to execute the script against target?"... you get the error since it now ignores the specific credentials and use your domain (integrated) credentials... ?

Huh?

Thomas Hejlsberg

(Microsoft Dynamics NAV)

Dec 5, 2010 at 2:03 PM

I am having the exact same issue. I have had to revert to a previous version.

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2010 at 5:11 PM

If you do not specify a specific database on the connection screen, you will just list all of the databases and be able to select your target database or create a new database.  I will fix the issue of connecting to a specific database in v3.4.1.

Thanks,
George

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2010 at 2:03 AM

Ok, I made the fix.  If try v3.4.1 and if it does not work, please let me know.

Thanks,
George