There is an unsaved comment in progress. You will lose your changes if you continue. Are you sure you want to reopen the work item?
Silent Failure of BCP Upload when Azure SQL DB name contains a "."
All data successfully exports out of my MS SQL database - .dat files are generated and the SQL is created.
The database name was formatted as "XXXX.YY-AAAA1"
I connected to my Azure SQL server and selected the database (with the same name -- I created it by hand from the management interface in the Azure Management Portal) with no error. All the SQL statements themselves executed correctly - the schema was created. It reported that all BCP files had exported ALL their rows to the database - no errors.
The row export did NOT happen. I tried it in data-only mode as well. BCP seems to fail silently. I tried uploading the .dat files by hand and all I obtained was the message, "An error occurred while processing the command line".
I ended up just deleting the database and renaming it something without the period. It worked fine at that point.