Discussions under General

Is it possible to filter data for copying?

first post: eivindbjarte wrote: I have a database where most tables have a tenantId. I would lik...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, Well, yes you can filter data, but you will have to mess with ...

Basic edition in SQLAzureMWBatchUpload

first post: azkamil wrote: Hi, thanks in advance for a great tool, which is really fast. I a...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi Kamil, Ok, I posted the fix today. Check it out and please let...

*= and =* operators can not run on sql 2012

first post: pvkt3588 wrote: Hi, I not sure mean of above 2 operators, and it can not run on s...

latest post: pvkt3588 wrote: Thanks ghuey!

DB analysis - Strange "not supported in Azure"

first post: Aresmarte1 wrote: Hi There, I'm analyzing some DBs to plan the migration on Azure. ...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, I just wanted to check back with you and see how things were g...

"Include If Not Exist" does not work in v5.0.1

first post: Jericho wrote: When I set the "Include If Not Exist" advanced setting to "True", t...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi Jericho, The quick answer is that SQL Server 2014 SMO has a def...

Compatibility With Sql Server 2014 ?

first post: pbrundage wrote: Is version 4.0.1.8 compatible with Sql Server 2014? I'm getting th...

latest post: Kounadisk wrote: Hi George, I just tried 5.0.1 and everything works as expected! No...

Error 40552 large table upload to Azure

first post: juhlbyrider wrote: Hello, I am migrating a DB with a very large table and I keep get...

latest post: juhlbyrider wrote: Hello George, Adjusting the batch size to 5000 did the trick, it d...

Encoding issue

first post: prgjonas wrote: Hi, thanks for a great tool! However, I had a problem migrating a...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, You need to play with the BCP parameters. Edit SQLAzureMW.exe...

SQL Azure and Migration Wizard

first post: lucmauri wrote: Running SQL Database Migration Wizard tool I got the following erro...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi Luca, There is no work around for the errors reported above. M...

naming of codeplex project and executable

first post: robertob wrote: the sql database migration wizard seems more than happy to drive mi...

latest post: robertob wrote: thanks for the background details that helps. any pointers to the ...

migrating from sql localdb to azure sql

first post: robertob wrote: does this tool, or any other one, support migrating from the defaul...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, In truth, I never really thought much about localdb. I was mo...

Sorry, but the dependencies for SQLAzureMW are missing.

first post: robertob wrote: I downloaded the current sqlAzureMw, so I could migrate my sql loca...

latest post: robertob wrote: status update, this error arose downloading and using the v3.9.15 d...

Copy Data from Existing DAT files

first post: tspencer wrote: I have a folder of .dat files. I want to tell MW to copy the data ...

latest post: tspencer wrote: Thank you George, for that guidance and the great tool you have cre...

Migration to work out of Source Files

first post: koraman wrote: As far as I know, this migration wizard works out of a database. Is...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, I believe that the answer is no. I don't specifically parse C...

Failing to Connect to SQL Azure....

first post: ESSB wrote: Hi, Trying to use SQLAzureMW to migrate my MSSQL2008 R2 DB to SQL ...

latest post: ESSB wrote: George, Thanks for this. I was actually running SP1 all the time. J...

Optional WHERE clause when copying data

first post: jreate wrote: Hello, How bad would it be to add an optional "WHERE" clause when...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, It could be done but it would be a major change to how I have ...

SQL error when migrating SQL DB to Azure SQL

first post: gresziu wrote: Hi all, using the SQL Azure Migration Wizard tool, I get the follo...

latest post: dusai wrote: Hello everybody, I’m encountering the same error. I did some test a...

Issues with porting ASP.NET Membership tables, procs, users and roles to Azure with SQLAzureMW?

first post: ESSB wrote: Hi, Great tool. However I have had a lot of problems trying to de...

latest post: ESSB wrote: Hi George, Thank you for this. On further investigation, I found ...

Incremental data changes?

first post: Esto wrote: Good day, Would it be possible to do incremental updates between ...

latest post: Esto wrote: Hi George, Thank you for your thorough response. I have to think a...

No Data

first post: geoffbeaumont wrote: I'm having some trouble getting SQL Database Migration Wizard to wo...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Oh, as a side note, if you have many versions of SQL Server install...

Support fan out scripts to all federations

first post: stevozilik wrote: Hi, 1) fantastic job all of this 2) would be great if we could...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, Thanks for the kind words. In regards to executing SQL agains...

Missing Microsoft.ExceptionMessageBox

first post: JohnKrumm wrote: I downloaded this tool to my Windows 8 PC. Two problems: The "Down...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, I am glad you got it working. Let me know if you run into any...

Automate validation of scripts at command line

first post: robertbird wrote: Hi, I am trying to setup a stage in my automated build/deployment...

latest post: robertbird wrote: Thanks George. That's amazing, I really appreciate your help! I ...

How are "Foreign keys" and "Triggers" handled?

first post: TariqYousaf wrote: Hi First I must appreciate your great effort. Your tool has a lot...

latest post: TariqYousaf wrote: Thanks for the detailed explanation George. That perfectly is the a...

Performance

first post: gimlichael wrote: Hi there, I am curious to how you achieve so excellent performanc...

latest post: gimlichael wrote: ghuey wrote: Note that even if you cache for one or two minutes, o...

SQLAzureMWBatchUpload hangs on error and does not return to prompt

first post: FunOne35i wrote: Here is how I generate the error. I did it on purpose but still won...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi Mark, I will see if I can't get it uploaded today. But for now...

Scripting Data Only Disables All Constraints

first post: JamesCostello wrote: When using the Migration Wizard only to script out all data (in Adv...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, SQLAzureMW should not drop FK constraints. Were the constrain...

SQLAzureMWBatchBackup v4.0.15 causes Failed to connect.

first post: SenHarada wrote: I think the follwing line at Process in Program.cs must be uncommen...

latest post: SenHarada wrote: Now I understand. We have to use the Azure SQL *server's* login. I ...

Useful for relatively large databases?

first post: shipguy wrote: I'm curious to know if the SQL Database Migration Wizard has been u...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Yes, I have done that, but it took me something like 3 days. I hav...

Azure Database Copy

first post: ppumkin wrote: All these features are awesome. But I seem to find my self copying...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, I am not sure that I understand, but is your request to drop a...

Remember logins

first post: ppumkin wrote: Hi, This application is awesome! Just one thing that is startin...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, Totally agree. I hate typing in the server / db / users creds...

v4.0.15 source

first post: paulhuck wrote: Is the source code for the v4 edition available? The Source Code a...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, The only difference between v4 and v3 is that I change the ref...

dependencies for SQLAzureMW are missing . Version 3.9.12

first post: Kwilksys wrote: hi, I have downloaded the latest version on windows 8 . Have unzi...

latest post: Kwilksys wrote: hi I have use the wrong version for sql 2012 and it is now workin...

migration error. SQL to Azure

first post: mkariti wrote: Hi there, Im keep getting the following errors: 03/04/2013 22:10:1...

latest post: mkariti wrote: Hi George, Tried to contact you via PM but not sure if you got it. ...

Copying azure database more then once.

first post: WiseMonkey wrote: I am trying to use SQL Database Migration Wizard 4.0.14 to get data...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, You what was the error? In regards to do you have to start ov...

While generating SQL script with SQLAzureMW tool, if failed with an error.

first post: g17610 wrote: Hi, I tried to use the SQLAzureMW tool to migrate a database to S...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, Right off, it does not look like BCP.exe can be found. If you...

Error #: 207 -- Invalid column name

first post: sharonmvp wrote: Dear Friends , in the processing stage i can see the following Er...

latest post: sharonmvp wrote: Dear George, Thanks you for the prompt responded. what is the emai...

Uploading database to local SQL Server creates big transaction log files

first post: tiny wrote: Hi, I'm using SQL Database Migration Wizard to migrate big (> 100...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi Marian, Very good point and no, I don’t have anything in the pr...

An issue when migrate large data

first post: shenjian wrote: Hi, When I use SqlAzureMW to migrate a large data to SQL Azure, I...

latest post: shenjian wrote: Really thanks ghuey. You fixed my problem.

missing millions of rows.

first post: lowercase_g wrote: I have a table with over 5 million rows. When I run through the scr...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Well, good question and I don't have a good answer. I take it that...

Data migration issue

first post: Shamassaeedmr wrote: What happen when I use SQLAzureMW to migrate data from my local db ...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, SQLAzureMW generates scripts that basically checks if table do...

Table Creation Error (DATA_COMPRESSION)

first post: Davd_Molina wrote: Found a condition were an index on the local db had "DATA_COMP...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Thanks. For now, if you want, edit NotSupportedByAzureFile.Config ...

Error Using SQL Database Migration Wizard for (LocalDB)/v11.0

first post: TerryMc wrote: I am using the SQL Database Migration Wizard, version 4.0.12, for ...

latest post: TerryMc wrote: It works now! That was the problem, an older version of BCP. I u...

Existing Azure DB

first post: mxmissile wrote: I have an existing Azure DB that I have loaded tables in for anoth...

latest post: ghuey wrote: You are 100% correct! It will not effect any tables that already ...

Can you change the server default Collation or is it possible change the collation that is selected by default

first post: michaelallison wrote: Hi I'm trying to upload a DB to SQL Azure. I have successfully mig...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi Michael, Download v3.9.9.1 or v4.0.12.1 and edit the SQLAzureMW...

SQL Database Migration Wizard is not supported in Chinese-based OS

first post: regionbbs wrote: Hi all, I use SQL Database Migration Wizard (latest version) in my...

latest post: regionbbs wrote: Hi, I have found a solution: modify language to support Traditiona...

Target Server Connection to (localDb)\v11.0 fails with "does not support encryption"

first post: stocksp wrote: Very smooth From (localDb)\v11.0 to Azure .... thank you! But when...

latest post: stocksp wrote: Works like a charm ... soooo much nicer than Management Studio. tha...

Can't access data from localDb

first post: markheath wrote: I've been trying to use this tool to upload all the data froma loc...

latest post: markheath wrote: hi George, Using the named pipe as server name doesn't work in eith...

SQLAzureMWBatchBackup tool and database object selection

first post: vipreese wrote: We are inspecting a possibility of using automated scripts utilizi...

latest post: vipreese wrote: Many, many thanks George. The object selector works great!

QUOTE_IDENTIFIER error when migrating a database

first post: lemayp wrote: Hello, I am trying to migrate a large database between SQL Server ...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, If you don't mind, would you contact me via Codeplex and we c...

Not able to launch in Windows 8

first post: shailensukul wrote: I am not able to launch this on my Windows 8 PC, even when run in ...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, I am happy you got SQLAzureMW running. Thanks for working with...

Put all foreign key constraints at end of TSQL script

first post: WayneBrantley wrote: I see the source shows where this was done, but it is not complete...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Ok, I think I catch all of the constraints. Check out the latest v...

No data transferred, log appears to have done it, but its not there.

first post: lukepuplett wrote: Hi, I'm guessing my data is supposed to me copied over to Azure. I...

latest post: lukepuplett wrote: Hi George -- thanks for the prompt action. Having achieved a migrat...

Thanks

first post: kingfenix wrote: OMG!! this is the greatest project yet on codeplex for me. Thank...

latest post: ghuey wrote:  Hi Doug, You are correct in that you can't do cross database qu...

Large databases

first post: ben555 wrote: Can I make a couple of suggestions for dealing with large database...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, thanks for the suggestions. Item a) has been on my mind a lon...

How to migrate a database that lives locally in the App_Data folder

first post: jalbao wrote: I have an ASP.NET MVC 4 application that includes a SQL Express da...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, Sorry to say, but no, SQLAzureMW does not work directly again...

No data of DB is transferred to SQL Azure

first post: ekb wrote: Hello! I'm trying to transfer data from your program from the MS S...

latest post: ekb wrote: BCP version 10.50.2500.0. I will send TSQL later

select source screen showing all databases but grayed out

first post: robertob wrote: i was trying to migrate an existing sql azure database deployment t...

latest post: karstenj wrote: I hit this too and worked around it by downloading the source code ...

Failed to connect server

first post: madloo wrote: I wanna create a SqlAzure Database Account for this tool, and I se...

latest post: madloo wrote: I solved it by add same user in master database.

I ran the Wizard but there wasn't any data included...

first post: robvig wrote: I ran the Wizard but there wasn't any data included... I didn't se...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi Rob, In the downloads section of this site you will see "SQLAzur...

Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

first post: dgetty wrote: Hello, I receive the error when attempting to migrate a local data...

latest post: ghuey wrote:  Hi All, Ok, I made some changes that might help a little. I us...

SQL Azure to SQL 2012 scripting failure

first post: jillian wrote: Have downloaded v4.0.2. Initially replaced my older version BatchB...

latest post: ghuey wrote: I believe that I have the issue fixed. Can you try v4.0.3 and see ...

Ran SQLAzureMW but Azure database not updated

first post: RobertNeal wrote: I downloaded Version 3.8.4 today. I followed the wizard to upload ...

latest post: colinwiseman wrote: Fixed it :D And sorry to have bothered. The problem here wasn't wit...

Index was outside the bounds of the array (but a little bit different)

first post: ventrue wrote: Hi all! I'm running this tool in a computer with no sql server in...

latest post: ghuey wrote: I am not 100% sure. What I would do is download SQL Server 2008 R2...

SQLAzureMW data migration stories

first post: ghuey wrote:  Hi All, I am looking for feedback from companies who ...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Thanks very much for the reply and the positive feedback!!!

Frequent connection error

first post: axdev wrote: WE are trying to migrate our database to SQL Azure and I am hitting...

latest post: lwsouza wrote: Hello ! I use SQLAzure on demand, web platform; I have only on...

Running tools on Web, Worker Roles

first post: auspicious wrote: I'd prefer to use these tools instead of the DAC Import/Export ser...

latest post: FlorinDumitrescu wrote: Hi George, The test was done on a local clean virtual machine. As f...

NumberOfBCPThreads setting not available in 2 command utilities?

first post: auspicious wrote: Any reason why this was dropped from the backup/restore utilities?...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi Auspicious, I added parallel uploading to SQLAzureMWBatchUplo...

Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array

first post: delfo wrote: Hi,i have installed and run the wizard and all works fine until i r...

latest post: kokujin wrote: Hello This does not work for me. I've had my DB Admins update our t...

SQLAzureMWBatchUpload Parameter DropOldDatabaseIfExists

first post: chriseull wrote: Is there a way with the command line parameter to override the conf...

latest post: chriseull wrote: Hello George, The missing SpecialTableCharacters key was the issue...

Migration wizard error

first post: ProjectMala wrote: The migration wizard gets almost to the end and then puts up an err...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi,I just wanted to check back with you and see if you got things r...

SQLAzureMW have a bug serious

first post: rong505968 wrote: when I start SQLAzureMW.exe,and input imformation of service for Sq...

latest post: prozac777 wrote: I was getting the same error when trying to update an existing dat...

Inserting Data

first post: fatih wrote: Hi,First of all,thanks for this great tool;but i have a question ab...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi Max!This is great to know and I will make the change.Thank you v...

Problem with Backup command line tool

first post: ebenjamin wrote: I have noticed that starting abound the 19th of September the comma...

latest post: ebenjamin wrote: Hi George,The change has been working great. Thanks for the quick t...

Migration Wizard Appears to Generate Invalid T-SQL

first post: tycho_c wrote: I ran into an issue today running version 3.8. I just downloaded it...

SQLAzureMW 3.7.7 crashes when uploading...

first post: Alpicus wrote: Hi,Just subscribed to SQL Azure and downloaded SQLAzureMW 3.7.7 the...

latest post: Alpicus wrote: Hi George !Thanks for your reply. This works now like a charm.Cheer...

Unable to migrate database to Windows Azure

first post: mbiazure wrote: Hello,I am trying to migrate a database to Windows Azure using SQLA...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi Sandeep, The best way is to just find a non-production machine (...

Why was the source code removed from the repository?

first post: timerickson wrote: I went to check out the source to work on some modifications and as...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Just as an FYI for everybody, the source code is now tied back into...

Index Out of Bounds

first post: mikewiegand007 wrote: Hi,I desperately need this thing to work. Older versions worked gre...

latest post: mikewiegand007 wrote: u r a genius. That totally fixed it. Thank u very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

SQLAzureMWBatchBackup.Exe.Config Missing

first post: taktin wrote: Hi,First of all I want to thank Mr Huey and his team for this wonde...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, That was my fault, I left SQLAzureMWBatchBackup.exe.config out ...

SqlAzureMWBatchBackup v1.2.4.0 'Value cannot be null.Parameter name: name'

first post: NeilT wrote: Running:SQLAzureMWBatchBackup -S xxx.database.windows.net -U admin@...

latest post: NeilT wrote: That's the one. Thanks for your help!

Index was outside the bounds of the array - Attempting to connect to SQL Azure DB

first post: Cavan wrote: I've been using the v3.6 Migration wizard but have started getting ...

latest post: Cavan wrote: Hi George,I have downloaded the SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 Express upda...

ArgumentOutofRangeException while migrating through sql script

first post: surfel17 wrote: I am having ArgumentOutofRangeException while migrating DB from Azu...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Thanks, I added the config file and reuploaded the package.Thanks a...

Error when using SQLAzureMWBatchBackup

first post: oanaB wrote: Hello, I am trying to use SQLAzureMWBatchBackup command line to bac...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi, I think I found the problem when debugging another issue. Basi...

Migration Wizard and Raiserror oldstyle

first post: heinrich13 wrote: I'm using Migration Wizard v.3.7.4 to Analyze/Migrate my T-sql file...

latest post: heinrich13 wrote: Thank's alot, I will change this in the config file.

Lost EXEC Permissions

first post: HowardH wrote: I've migrated an on-premise DBMS via SQL Migration Wizard 3.7.4 to ...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi Howard, No, you didn't do anything wrong. Security is one thing...

Unable to use Azure Storage using Azure Compute

first post: mbiazure wrote: Hello all,I am new to Azure and I am trying out my first website on...

latest post: mbiazure wrote: Hey Ghuey, Thanks for your reply, but that did not help. I have ...

Copy table and data from local SQL Server 2008 to SQL Azure database

first post: mbiazure wrote: Hi all,I have the scripts generated by SQL Azure Migration Wi...

latest post: mbiazure wrote: hi ghuey,I was successful in migrating the data along with the tabl...

Migrating Data (.dat) from on-premise file system to SQL Azure

first post: wely wrote: First of all, thanks for delivering such a great tool to community ...

latest post: mbiazure wrote: Hi all,I have the scripts generated by SQL Azure Migration Wizard v...

System Tables

first post: Parasips wrote: Does the v 3.7.2 takes care of system tables, views and other syste...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi Paras, I check all objects and see if they are system objects. ...

Migrating Data Only - Table columns must be in same order

first post: dberkley wrote: When migrating "data only", if the columns within a table are in a ...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi,I use BCP to download and upload the data. If you look at SQLAz...

Using SQL Azure Migration Wizard in pt-BR

first post: fredskwara wrote: Hi there,We have been trying to use the wizard with the BCP output ...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi,Contact me via Codeplex and we can exchange email address and ta...

Error #: 40517 -- Keyword or statement option 'pad_index' is not supported in this version of SQL Server.

first post: craigwrdouglas wrote: Hi I have run the migration wizard, but all of my tables are reject...

latest post: craigwrdouglas wrote: That's great George, worked a treat.Craig

RowGuid suggestion

first post: n3wt0n wrote: Hi to all, it's my first post. Since the "RowGuid" table row proper...

latest post: n3wt0n wrote: I'm sorry... I've just noticed that the sw does it writing it on th...

SQLAzureMWBatch future plans

first post: Dweller wrote: Hi,Currently SQLAzureMWBatch saying:"Future release of SQLAzureMWBa...

latest post: ghuey wrote: Hi Amita, No, I had not thought of including multiple databases in ...

The data are not copied by the BCP utility despite the success of the summary of results

first post: ZaFoX47 wrote: Indeed,despite the fact that the Wizard is functioning properly and...

latest post: ZaFoX47 wrote: Exactly.I replaced the French BCP translation (in <fr-FR>) with the...

PathName is not supported

first post: msbigot wrote: Got this is the windows version of MW. Selecting just stored proce...

latest post: HowardH wrote: Please note that v 3.6 still has this issue. The T-SQL appears to ...

Using MW to Backup and Restore?

first post: scottseanjack wrote: Has anyone considered using the MW as a Backup and Restore tool? I ...

latest post: scottseanjack wrote: Thanks George. Keep me posted on your progress.

Thanks

first post: scottseanjack wrote: Thanks ghuey. Defo keep me up to date with your progress and thanks...

Don't copy data

first post: progs wrote: I try to copy the tables with data from azure to my local database....

latest post: progs wrote: Problem found: I've got a englisch Windows with languate set to ger...