'More than two-part column name'

Sep 30, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I used the wizard to migrate my DB to SQL Azure - all worked fine, nice tool!

But now at runtime I get this exception:

"Deprecated feature 'More than two-part column name' is not supported in this version of SQL Server."

Any idea?

Oct 1, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Oct 2, 2009 at 4:51 PM

What it is talking about is something like this:  SELECT col1, col2, col3 FROM Server.Owner.Table

Where Server, Owner, and Table makes up three part name.  Currently with SQL Azure, you can not specify the server name (thus only two parts are allowed ... owner and table.  If you are running v 0.2.7, I think I have the Regex setup to look for [xxx].[xxx].[xxx], "xxx"."xxx"."xxx", and xxx.xxx.xxx patterns.  In older versions, It actually found things like this:  This is a test.  One. Two. Three.  And it would flag it because it saw three dots ".".  Hopefully, I fixed that with v 0.2.7.  Anyway, when you get that message, take out the server name and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.

Oct 2, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Ah, OK - I think I have no chanche to change this as I am using an ORM tool... :(

Oct 2, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Ok, I need to correct myself.  it is not SERVER.Owner.Table, but DATABASE.Owner.Table.  Anyway, with SQL Azure (at least at this time), you can only specify owner.table.

Sorry for the mistake