RE: Problem Running from SSMS Script with Data (Redux)

Sep 21, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Hi, George,

It turned out that I inadvertently used a cleaned up script when testing your v0.2.6.

With the .Config and raw .sql files attached, WITH (PAD_INDEX … and SORT_IN_TEMPDB … modifiers don’t get fixed. I added regex to fix them which seems to test OK in RegexDesigner.net but aren’t removed when performing the scan.

I modified the .Config file, as you’ll see, to normalize the warning text and added regex for WITH (PAD_INDEX …) which doesn’t work in the app but seems to in RegexDesigner.net.

Any ideas?

--rj

OakLeaf Systems blog

Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2009 3:56 PM
To: roger_jennings@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Problem Running from SSMS Script with Data [sqlazuremw:68117]

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the suggestions and input. I implemented an option that will allow the user to specify if they want the TSQL file parsed for incompatibilities. I also modified the way I load a file and the performance issue you were talking about seems to have gone away.

Check out v0.2.6.

Thanks!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sqlazuremw@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sqlazuremw@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Sep 21, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the info.  I looked into the problem and discovered that when I parse the file, I did not look for indexes and treated them like stored procedures.  I modified SQLAzureMW to look for an index statement and parse it accordingly.  I also found out that when parsing for options, that I was looking for a “, “ before the option, which means that I would have missed the first option.  So, I fixed the Regex to look for a “(“ or “, “.

Check out v0.2.7!

Thanks again

Sep 21, 2009 at 5:04 PM

A “internal error” at CodePlex prevented my reply from posting. See your MSFT alias for the message and attachments.

--rj

OakLeaf Systems blog

Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 7:57 AM
To: roger_jennings@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: RE: Problem Running from SSMS Script with Data (Redux) [sqlazuremw:69547]

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the info. I looked into the problem and discovered that when I parse the file, I did not look for indexes and treated them like stored procedures. I modified SQLAzureMW to look for an index statement and parse it accordingly. I also found out that when parsing for options, that I was looking for a “, “ before the option, which means that I would have missed the first option. So, I fixed the Regex to look for a “(“ or “, “.

Check out v0.2.7!

Thanks again

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sqlazuremw@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sqlazuremw@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com