Convert UDDTs to base types and other problems

Sep 3, 2009 at 12:21 PM

I'm using version

As user defined type are not supported in SQL Azure I do not understand why a specific tab exists in the SQLAzureMW UI. By the way, selecting (or not) to include the UDDT in the script the resulting script includes the UDDT, therefore failing.
According to the SQL Azure HOL the script generated from SQL must have the option "Convert UDDTs to base types" set to true. It seems to me this tool should comply with the rest of the Azure documentation.

If I select (setting to true) the SQLAzureMw options GenerateScriptforDependentObjects and ScriptDrop, in addition to the default options, the CREATE statements to create the tables and other db objects are completely missing from the output script, where only DROP statements appear.

The database of which I'm attempting to create the script to migrate to Azure has 9 views, all in the same schema and same visibility / permissions. SQLAzureMW lists only one of the views, skipping at all the other ones.

Sep 3, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback.  As far as the UDDT tab and scripting, I put that in there for just an FYI and I was hoping that SQL Azure would support UDDT soon.   I fixed the bug that you are talking about when the UDDT tab displays even when you did not select that you wanted to script UDDTs.  I also removed GenerateScriptforDependentObjects and ScriptDrop and set ConvertUserDefinedDataTypesToBaseType to be true.  I also fix the issue with only 1 view being displayed, now all of them should show up.

Check out v 0.2.2 and see what you think.

Thanks, George

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:49 PM

I tested it with v 0.25 and it seems to work properly. 

I just executed the resulting script against a new SQL Azure db. All is good for now, the UDDT are converted to base types.