Is there a way to split the export/import across 2 machines?

Aug 7, 2015 at 11:19 AM
In my environment the SQL server does not have access to the internet (for azure connectivity) and the machines which do have access are missing the dependencies to run the wizard as they do not have sqlserver installed.
I ran the first part on the sql server and now have the tsql file and the directory with bcp files.
I can copy those files over to the machines with internet access but how to run the wizard for the last step. - Or what are the manual procedures I need to do to load the bcp files into azure?

Thanks in advance for any help

Michael
Coordinator
Aug 10, 2015 at 2:37 AM
Hi Michael,

I am so sorry for the late reply. The answer is yes, you can do exactly what you want to do, and you are almost there. What you need to do is on the main menu under "Run TSQL without Analyzing" is select "TSQL File". A file to process will appear at the bottom and you can browse to your TSQL file that you saved from your first machine. As long as you have copied the BCP data to the same directory structure as your original machine then you should be good to go. If not, you can edit the TSQL file and just set your new directory structure (look for bcpArgs).

Hope this help.

Regards,
George