Gettin Error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:40 PM
Edited Feb 23, 2015 at 1:41 PM
I have a database on Azure SQL. We need to script data and migrate to regular SQL server.
I'm getting error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." when I try to script just a table data or all datbase objects.
This is just for data, generating schema script works fine.

What might be the cause?

On a side note, when I've tried to "Generate Script" from SQL Management Studio I've got:
Cyclic dependencies found error.

My database is created with Entity Framework Code First, and it works fine.

What might be the cause and how can I solve it?

Feb 23, 2015 at 2:00 PM

What version of SQLAzureMW are you using? Do have a machine with SQL Server 2014 (with CU5) on it and could you run SQLAzureMW v5.15.3?

Took one of my databases from SQL Azure and had no problems getting it out. I don't know if this is possible or not, but we can take this offline (just contact me via codeplex. If you can get me a username / password, I would be happy to figure out what is going on. If that does not work, if you have another example of a non classified database that repos the problem, you can save it to sky drive (.bak) and I can play with that. I have see this problem with CLR Assemblies (I can get them up with v3.15.3, v1.15.3, or v5.15.3 (SQLAzureMW) but I can only get it out of SQLAzureMW with v5.15.3 because of SMO issues on older versions of SQL Server.

Anyway, let me know how I can work with you.

As a side note, I will be on a flight in a couple hours and I might not be online for the next 20 hours or so.

Feb 23, 2015 at 3:12 PM
I don't have a machine with SQL Server 2014 but I can give you username password. I'm in training right now...will message you when I get back.