Remember logins

May 21, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Hi,

This application is awesome!

Just one thing that is starting to get a bit annoying it retyping my local DB in m then my azure credentials almost everyday.

Can you cache the usernames and servers atleast- the passwords should not be stored as best security practise. That is fine. But it will be mega great if the previous servers and thier usernames are remembered.

Thanks a Zillion!
Coordinator
May 21, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Hi,

Totally agree. I hate typing in the server / db / users creds all the time. To help with that, edit "SQLAzureMW.exe.config" file and look for:
    <add key="SourceConnectNTAuth" value="true"/>
    <add key="SourceServerName" value="localhost" />
    <add key="SourceUserName" value="" />
    <add key="SourcePassword" value="" />
    <add key="SourceDatabase" value="" />

<add key="SourceServerType" value="ServerType_SQLServer"/>   <!-- ServerType_SQLAzure = "SQL Azure",
                                                                      ServerType_SQLAzureFed = "SQL Azure Fed",
                                                                      ServerType_SQLServer = "SQL Server" -->

<!-- NOTE BCP requires that you have the SQL Azure server name the end of the user name ie. UserSA@jy8kadhrma -->

<add key="TargetConnectNTAuth" value="false"/>
    <add key="TargetServerName" value="SERVER.database.windows.net"/>
    <add key="TargetUserName" value="UserName@SERVER"/>
    <add key="TargetPassword" value=""/>
    <add key="TargetDatabase" value=""/>
You can enter the information you want to save there and it will save you a lot of time.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Take care,
George