Can you change the server default Collation or is it possible change the collation that is selected by default

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Hi

I'm trying to upload a DB to SQL Azure. I have successfully migrated my DB and connected to my SQL Azure instance. When you click 'Create Database' the Collation dropdown is set to <server default> by default. I am able to select the collation I want from the dropdown but I wondered was there a way I could change this in the code so the collation method I want 'Latin1_General_CI_AS' is pre-populated in the field.

Thanks

Michael

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Hi Michael,

Good question and you are right, I don’t give you a way to specify a default.  I will modify the code to look for a specified DBCollation in the SQLAzureMW.exe.config file.  I should have this up and running soon.  It will be fixed in the next relase.

Thanks for your feedback!

George

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Hi Michael,

Download v3.9.9.1 or v4.0.12.1 and edit the SQLAzureMW.exe.config file.  Search for DBCollation and enter the collation you want for default in value.  You should be good to go.  If you encounter any issues, please let me know.

Thanks,
George