No data transferred, log appears to have done it, but its not there.

Sep 2, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Hi,

I'm guessing my data is supposed to me copied over to Azure. I have a bunch of .dat files and the log shows that data copy happened, with about 5 seconds elapsing and row counts, percentage progress etc. no errors.

But in SMSS, there's not a single row in Azure.

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Got it, you need to put " around the password, my SQL Server password has a space in it.

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Jesus, how unclear was that? Sorry. You need to wrap the password in the BCP.exe command line, in double quotes. That's the fix.

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Yep - so just took the log and put it Excel. Did a filter and string concat and put quotes around my password, copied and pasted the concat rows into DOS on my prod box and migrated 1Gb in a couple of minutes. Nice.

P.S. Need to be in the folder where BCP.exe is when running it, obviously.

Thanks for taking the time to write this tool. We all appreciate it.

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Hi,

I am glad you figured out a way to get the data uploaded.  Thanks for the feedback.  I will make the change to wrap the password with quotes in the BCP command.  It should be fixed in the next release.

Thanks again,
George

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Just as an FYI, I modified the code to put quotes around the password in the BCP command.  Check out v3.9.4 or V4.0.7 and let me know if you have any issues with the changes.

Thanks,
George

Sep 9, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Hi George -- thanks for the prompt action. Having achieved a migration I may not come around to using your (great) tool for a while, alas I'm sure it'll work as we expect.

Sorry to be the odd customer with a space in my password ;o)

Luke