ArgumentOutofRangeException while migrating through sql script

Aug 18, 2011 at 4:19 AM

I am having ArgumentOutofRangeException while migrating DB from Azure to Azure. Below is what I did:

1. Use v3.7.6 to connect to a SQL Azure DB and select a handful of tables, and generate the sql script and save it

2. Close the Migration Wizard

3. Relaunch the Wizard and select the previously selected file for migration and connect to another SQL Azure DB (create the target DB using the Wizard)

4. Run the script and everything seems to be fine (all data is imported to the new DB), however I got the ArgumentOutofRangeException at the end of the process

The exception happens at line 331 of ScriptWizard.cs, and it clearly shows that the % of completion is over 100% (hence out of range for the progress bar). By examing the command being executed, it is identified as a "bcp" importing data to DB command, which based on my stepping through the code has already being executed before. So my guess is that somehow the same command is executed twice which messed up the total number of commands.

Coordinator
Aug 20, 2011 at 3:11 AM

Hi,

I found the bug and fix it in v3.7.7.  You should be good to go.  Let me know I missed anything.

Thanks!
George

Aug 20, 2011 at 4:31 AM

Hi George,

Many thanks and I will definitely give it a try.

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:28 AM

Hi George,

Just tried v3.7.7. The bug is fixed. There is one thing missing in the download package, the ".config" file. I used my old one which works. Thanks.

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Thanks, I added the config file and reuploaded the package.

Thanks again,
George