Frequent connection error

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:07 PM

WE are trying to migrate our database to SQL Azure and I am hitting the below errors every couple of seconds. This also happens sometimes couple of times for a single table.  Any ideas what might be causing this connection failure?

SQLState = 08001, NativeError = 26

Error = [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Client unable to establish connection because an error was encountered during handshakes before login. Common causes include client attempting to connect to an unsupported version of SQL Server, server too busy to accept new connections or a resource limitation (memory or maximum allowed connections) on the server.

SQLState = 08001, NativeError = 26

Error = [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Client unable to establish connection

SQLState = 08001, NativeError = 64

Error = [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]TCP Provider: The specified network name is no longer available.

SQLState = 08001, NativeError = 64

Error = [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Client unable to establish connection due to prelogin failure

Coordinator
Jul 22, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Hi,

That is a new one for me.  I have a few of questions for you:

1)    Are you running SQLAzureMW on SQL Server 2008 R2 bits?

2)    Are you getting this error from your source database or target (SQL Azure)?

3)  Have you tried logging into your SQL Azure server with SQL Server Management Studio?

If you want, let’s take this offline and see what we can figure out.  Just contact me via codeplex.

Thanks,

George

Apr 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Hello,

I have the same problem.

Did you found a solution ?

Coordinator
Apr 2, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Hi,

No, can you give me more info:

1. Are you running SQLAzureMW on SQL Server 2008 R2 bits?
  2. Are you getting this error from your source database or target (SQL Azure)?
  3. Have you tried logging into your SQL Azure server with SQL Server Management Studio?
  4. What datacenter are you running out of?
  5. Does this happen 100% of the time? 

Thanks,
George

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:55 AM
Hello  !

1. I use SQLAzure on demand, web platform;
  2. I have only one database. I have a web client application (ASP.NET) that is working fine, and I have a Delphi 7 client application with the error;
  3. SQL Management works fine;
  4. Microsoft data center, https://fxarpm2v0p.database.windows.net
  5. It used to happen 100% of the time. I’ve tried to upgrade to ADO.NET 3.5. The update failed, because “it was incompatible with my operational system”.
    But after that, the error disapeared with a reboot.
    Now I have another problem. The Delphi application uses a stored procedure, but i generate the error: “param @cd_contato not found”.
    Except for this little tweaks, I´m having a excelent experience with SQL Azure.
    Hope you have some idea to help me.