PathName is not supported

Feb 24, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Got this is the windows version of MW.  Selecting just stored procedures.  Some of our stored procedures refer to user tables that have 'PathName' embedded in the table name. 

Gives the error

StoredProcedure [dbo].[usp_WorkflowLookupActionActivity_WorkflowXPathNamespaces_Select_All] -- PathName is not supported in current version of SQL Azure

Thank you.  Love the tool.

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Ahhh.  I will see if I can’t tighten up the Regex string a little.  Other than the bogus error message, you were able to migrate with no problems?

Thanks for the kind words!

George

Feb 25, 2011 at 12:44 AM

No, thank you George. Yes, we could migrate. Going to Azure helped us get our act together on some of our table designs (made B4 they hired me as a DBA).

Actually, I hate the two table names that tripped the wire – any table name longer than 20 characters with an underscore is no good IMHO.

Mike Bishop

Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 3:33 PM
To: mbishop76@comcast.net
Subject: Re: PathName is not supported [sqlazuremw:247454]

Ahhh. I will see if I can’t tighten up the Regex string a little. Other than the bogus error message, you were able to migrate with no problems?

Thanks for the kind words!

George

Apr 4, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Please note that v 3.6 still has this issue.  The T-SQL appears to generate correctly and it's just a misleading "error" message at this point.
Given a choice between fixing this and providing a batch-mode to convert T-SQL from a DBPROJ build / deploy output to Azure-Ready T-SQL, I'd opt for the batch-mode conversion.

Regards,

Howard Hoffman