Invalid object name 'dbo.Places'

Feb 16, 2011 at 6:05 AM
When I try to migrate an Azure DB to an SQL DB, the program will abort. When I run in Debug-Mode (Source-Code downloaded), I get the folowing-Exception in the SqlHelper.cs (Line 1270): Invalid object name 'dbo.Places'.

That's corret, because the scheme of the table is not "dbo", it's 'global'. In the GUI the correct name will be displayed. Is there any workaround or will there be an update in near future?

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Hi,

I think I know what the issue is, but I lost my hard drive on my development machine so I am currently down.  Did you currently have the source code installed?  If so, if you open up ScriptDatabase.cs (under SQLAzureMWUtils project) and search for SQLHelper then comment out this section:

string connectionStr = "server=" + _ServerInstance + ";database=" + _sourceDB.Name + ";uid=" + _Login + ";pwd=" + _Password;

using (SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection(connectionStr))

{

ScalarResults sr = SqlHelper.ExecuteScalar(con, CommandType.Text, "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM [" + tbl.Owner + "].[" + tbl.Name +"]");

if ((int) sr.ExecuteScalarReturnValue < 1) return;

}

You will probably be good to go.  If you are not setup for this, then as soon as I get my developer machine rebuilt, I will fix and upload a new version (3.5.6).

Sorry about this,

George

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Ok, I hope to have this fixed by end of day.  So look for v3.5.6.

Regards,
George

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Ok, I posted v3.5.6.  Please try it out and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,
George

Feb 17, 2011 at 6:07 AM

Hello,

it seems to work fine now. thanks!