Tables not migrating - ON PRIMARY?

Feb 8, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Having trouble with CREATE TABLE.  Some of my tables are not actually getting into SQL Azure. 

I have a VS 2010 RDBMS project that I'm attempting to migrate via 3.5.SQL Azure MW 3.5.3.  After deploying to SQL I Analyze-and-Migrate from TSQL file.  The resulting TSQL contains a few CREATE TABLE statements with this pattern:

GO
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[MyName] (
   [Col1] NVARCHAR (50) NOT NULL,
   [Col2] NVARCHAR (50) NOT NULL
) ON [PRIMARY];

Other tables get generated statements like:

GO
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[MyOtherName] (
   [ColA] NVARCHAR (50) NOT NULL,
   [ColB] NVARCHAR (50) NOT NULL
   CONSTRAINT [IX_MyOtherName] UNIQUEUE NONCLUSTERED ([ColA] ASC) WITH (IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF)
);

The tables like MyName do not get into Azure, but tables like MyOtherName do.

The SQL Azure MW generated RTF contains this error for each of these MyTable cases:

Error #: 40514 -- 'Filegroup reference and partitioning scheme' is not supported in this version of SQL Server.

Is there a configuration setting or command line or other option that I can use to cuase the 1st CREATE TABLE pattern to omit the "ON PRIMARY" clause between the last ')' and ';' characters?

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Hi,

SQLAzureMW should catch “ON [PRIMARY]” and remove it if you select “Analyze and Migrate”.  The regex string for this is found in the “NotSupportedByAzureFile.config” about the 7th line down:

<NotSupported Text="\sON\s\[a-z0-9\]" ReplaceWith="" SeverityLevel="0" ReplaceString="true" DisplayWarning="false" DefaultMessage="false" WarningMessage="" />

So, it should be caught.  If you don’t mind, can you create a simple TSQL file that can reproduce your problem and send it to me offline via codeplex?  I will check it out and see what is going on.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks,

George